Blizzard Entertainment CLO resigns, Melbourne Earthquake & Game Deals.
Blizzard’ Entertainment CLO resigns.
Claire Hart the Chief Legal Officer of Activision Blizzard’s Entertainment announced her resignation this week posting on her LinkedIn saying “After more than three years at Blizzard Entertainment, I have decided to move on to my next adventure. The past three years have been full of unexpected twists and turns, but I feel honored to have worked with and met so many great people at Blizzard and across the Activision Blizzard businesses.” Claire Hart doesn’t make any comment about whether her resignation is anything to do with the very public and ongoing harassment lawsuit with Activision Blizzard.
An update on that lawsuit the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has reportedly launched a wide–reaching investigation into Activision Blizzard, they will be looking into how the publisher dealt with the multiple allegations of sexual harassment, abuse, and toxic behaviour. California Department of Fair Employment and Housing filed this lawsuit back in July. They also subpoenaed several of Blizzard’s higher executives including the CEO Bobby Kotick. It would appear that the SEC (Security and Exchange Commission) have started asking Blizzard to hand over various documents. These include personal files of those higher ups. A spokes person from Activision confirmed that there is indeed an ongoing investigation and that the company is cooperating with the SEC.
If you are looking for awesome deals on games now is the time with sales
rolling out before the Christmas period. Amazon have a bunch of good prices for PS4/PS5 such as;
- Deathloop – now $79 (down from $99.95)
- Death Stranding: Director’s Cut – $69 (down for $79.95)
- F1 2021 – now $56 (down from $99.95)
- Far Cry 6 – $72.90 (down from $99.95)
- Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut – $99.95 (down from $124.95)
There is also a bunch of deals going for Xbox console games such as;
- Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate – now $44.98 (down for $89.95)
- NBA 2K22 – now $80.90 (down from $109.95)
- Star Wars Squadrons – now $14.98 (down from $59.95)
- Watch Dogs Legion – now $30 (down from $99.95)
- Nintendo Switch lite is also down to $259 from $329.95
The 5.9 magnitude earthquake in Melbourne caused quite some disturbance this week however did inject some funny moments into people’s lockdown. Former Carlton player Brendan Fevola was playing Call of Duty he tweeted out saying “I’m sitting here playing Call of Duty on the PlayStation with me headphones on and my whole screen started shaking, my PlayStation nearly fell off.” It would appear that many game players and streamers experienced moments of fear for their gaming gear during the earthquake. If you have a story to share about nearly losing a console or PC with a lucky save message us on Facebook @ZEDgamesau we’d love to hear about it.
This week in gaming releases;
- Diablo 2 Resurrected [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch]
- Embr [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch]
- Flewfie’s Adventure [PC]
- Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries [PS5, PS4]
- Medieval Dynasty [PC]
- Sable [PC, XSX, XBO]
- Sea of Thieves Season 4 [PC, XSX, XBO]
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut [PS5]
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot [Switch]
- Lost Judgment [PS5, XSX, PS4]
- Chernobylite [PS4, XBO]
- Ghostrunner [PS5, XSX]
- In Sound Mind [PC, PS5, XSX]
- Lemnis Gate [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO]
- New World [PC]
- Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye DLC [PC, PS4, XBO]
- Guardians of Hyelore [PC]
- Insurgency Sandstorm [PS4, XBO]